Saturday, December 31, 2011

Schedule

I will start 2012 going back to work.

It's bitter sweet. I am finally starting to feel 'normal' and would LOVE to have another five weeks to bound, organize, and visit my family and friends. The sweet part is I enjoy working and look forward to having some of my own identity back...if only the pregnancy pounds would disappear.

I mentioned we started doing Baby Wise in CC and Erin fashion. The concepts the we use (for now) are scheduling. The first 8 weeks you do 3 hour blocks of time, for example our scheule (on most days) looks like this:
12:00 AM - Eat
3:00 AM - Eat
6:00 AM - Eat
9:00 AM - Eat
10:00 AM - Awake Time: Tummy Time, bouncy chair, bath, cuddle, reading, singing, talking
11:00 AM - Nap
12:00 PM - Eat
1:00 PM - Awake Time: etc...
2:00 PM - Nap
3:00 PM - Eat
4:00 PM - Awake Time: etc...
5:00 PM - Nap
6:00 PM - Eat
7:00 PM - Cuddle, bedtime
9:00 PM - Eat

This is the 'master plan' however, she will sleep longer at night, or we have visitors, or we get tired before nap time, you catch my drift we adapt. We try to keep on this routine or something in a three hour block depending on the timing.

This is where we differ from baby wise, they suggest you STiCK to the schedule, but If she cries or I just want to hold her, I do!

In other news...we went on our first date this week. CC's mom came and babysat for a few hours.

Loves and hugs-scheduling helps keep me sane...and stressed all at the same time!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment