Sunday, October 3, 2010

Operation Re-Decorate

A few weeks ago, I decided…we should switch the furniture from downstairs to upstairs.



My Reasoning
1. We will have more privacy
2. Chica will not be able to bark at the people walking outside
3. We will utilize more of our furniture
  a. Chime Clock
  b. Sewing Machine
  c. Tiered Table
  d. Red Rocker
  e. Ikea Couch
   f. 1970s Table
  g. Big Butt Chair
  h. More to come…
4. The likely hood of me answering the door is minimized
5. And…I can scrub my walls, dust all the furniture…it will be perfect…half a day at most



What I did not realize
1. Our basement is so small that it is difficult to move large times up and down stairs
2. I cannot help in any way shape or form to move large furniture
3. Two stressed out people should error on the side of caution before embarking on this daunting task
4. We would get too wrapped up in a project to stop and take a lunch break
5. Now I need to go shopping

CC called for help, Shane on the Corner. The challenge of moving a sectional and an oversized couch was an armful.  They had to take the legs off the couch, take the railing off the stairs, and remove a door. These macho men are amazing and I apperciate all of their help!

Now the rest of the work is mostly mine, adding decorations, washing curtains, painting a couple of walls, and move a few smaller items. Even with the project ¾ of the way finished I love the new look. It was a fresh/needed change!



Loves and Hugs! CC gets an A+ for pleasing me on my whims.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment