Friday, August 17, 2012

Rejection



I love me some KLOVE in the morning! The other day I was listening and the morning show host was telling a story about rejecting the rejection. Sometimes people will reject us for no reason, do we accept it or do we reject it. I desperately want to be the person to reject it. However, that is easier said than done. Ugh.   

This week CC received a rejection letter from a potential employer and it hurt bad, real bad. What are you supposed to do when your livelihood depends on this one scenario? How do you recover? How do you deal with rejection every day, multiple times a day?

Of course the Christian in me says, pray. God is in control. So I pray, and then I get frustrated and try to take control. As I am writing this my favorite hymn “How Great Thou Art” is playing in the background. It is a divine intervention showing me that He is with me. But it is hard, real hard.

Then I wonder….when we look back on our life what lessons we are learning from our situation will they seem so overwhelming when we are five years removed? Or, will we get completely lost in our situation and never recover. Are we supposed to be finding new dreams? Are our dreams not the plan for us?

Loves and hugs—My year’s theme is not being well executed this year!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment