Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vocabulary

Vocabulary




My sweet, sweet girl is 16 (ish) months! I love her SO much! She makes me smile and laugh and cry every day! A few things you should know about her…She has a mind of her own. She will do things on her timeline i.e. walking. She can eat as much as an adult and still falls in the -5% for weight. Yes, that is a negative sign. AND She is a chatter box!

I was thinking about all the words she says and I have started to forget all of them so I thought I should document them now before it doubles in size again.

1-Mama 2-Dada 3-Chica 4-Go Away 5-Gone 6-Done 7-Up 8-Down 9-Whoa 10-Oh No 11-No 12-Shoe 13-Duck 14-Hot 15-What’s that 16-Where 17-She 18-Is

She has started forming sentences like, Go away Chica. Where is Chica. Chica no. Clearly her favorite word is Chica. She even wakes up in the morning and her first word is Chica. She can sign hungry and more. Again, she isn’t really interested in signing so she hasn’t used it as much.

If you read between the lines, Brek is NOT walking at this time. She REFUSES! However, yesterday we did have her finally stand independently twice for a couple of seconds! Progress! My mom said she didn’t walk until 20 months so I am trying to be patient but it is frustrating to see younger children walking and my daughter is slow to go. The doc said everything is fine so I shouldn’t worry. So I try. We are going to Cancun in a few weeks and I would LOVE for her to be walking by then. It would be so cute to watch her on the beach.

Loves and Hugs--It's good to be back.
Erin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,

    Glad to see you are posting in your blog again. It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Brek is just a hoot to be around. I'm looking forward to my little one growing up and talking, but I'll cherish the moments now of him being little.
    I'm sorry you're frustrated with Brek walking, but trust the doctor. She will walk one day, and when that day comes you'll wished she didn't because then she'll get into EVERYTHING!
    Thanks for continually sharing your stories. I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete