Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Walking

Can you believe I have a 20 month old baby? Time is flying by...how do you capture it all. Perhaps that is why people continue to have multiple children.

Being a mom is difficult, whether you are an at home mom or a working mom. Since I have never experience staying home I cannot speak to that so I will speak to what I know...being a working mom. It is not all bad. There are certain things we can do and experience because I work and there are things that I am envious about stay-at-home moms.

The positives:
1. I enjoy EVERY minute I have with my girl, they are precious so I never take it for granted.
2. I have an identity.
3. We do more in a weekend than my stay-at-home mom friends do in a month. (this is a generalization...not a fact. Most of my friends are amazing moms and make Martha Stuart look lazy. :) )
4. We have a schedule and routine and it rarely fails.
5. We have additional resources to do fun activities.
6. I love taking a day off just to see her.
7. I have adult conversations.
8. She is independent and can figure things out on her own.
9. She has friends at school to discover sharing.
10. This is the way it is and we make do with what we have.

The downside:
1. I rarely take time for myself, hence, the extra lbs.
2. I miss some special moments.
3. Coordinating my life can be complicated.
4. Date nights are rare because why would you want to go out without her.
5. My friends expect to see me and her.
6. Some of my precious memories are not recorded.
7. She has to wake up on days when she would rather sleep in.
8. Cuddling is a rare occasion.
9. I have to shower and get dressed every day.
10. There are days I don't want to work and just be home.

In other news, B turned 20 months on July 14...................and................she took her first steps! You cannot believe how excited I am about this news! She is making progress everyday.

Loves and hugs--We should have a walker soon!!
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Every home is different, and each parent has their own way to parenting. You and Cory are doing GREAT, because I look at Brek and see what a beautiful, bright little girl she is. She has an abundance of love and support, and I know she'll grow up to be like her parents.
    It's so exciting that she's getting up and soon on the move. I'm looking forward to Kohl walking, but I'm okay waiting....

    ReplyDelete