Sunday, November 22, 2009

Still Thankful

Monday, November 16
Thankful that Nicole, Mandy, and I still go to lunch after all these years. Cannot wait to see you ladies today!
Last week I spoke about being thankful for friends that are present in our life at different times, well these to ladies are very special! We have known each other for almost a decade, amazing how time passes. We have been so fortunate as to stay in touch and do lunch a few times a year. I mean…Nicole has four kids and Mandy has three…sometimes we had to schedule our lunches before someone delivers a baby…LOL. Anyway…these ladies are special and I am thankful to know them!

Tuesday, November 17

Thankful for the community I live in and that people think Ogden is so far away it makes me smile.
Ogden is an AMAZING place to live…and I can say this because I didn’t appreciate all it had to offer when we first moved here. Now that we live in the neighborhood we do there are opportunities for us to experience the culture. Living within walking distance to trails and rock climbing has been so refreshing! We think…hmmm its Saturday morning what should we do…oh yea, rock climb or hike. Plus, we do not have the pollution and the traffic that is south of us! I hope we can keep our secret that Ogden is a wonderful place…that way we can keep our resources to ourselves!

Wednesday, November 18

Thankful for CC's new career...after the past 2 years he needed something amazing and he found it! He is so happy I wished this had happened when we first moved to UT.
Cory’s dream was to be a fighter pilot for the AirForce, when that didn’t happen his back up plan was to be a home designer. He worked as a custom home designer for over 12 years. With many ups and downs he found himself at a turning point—what am I going to do when I grow up. His backup plan was already in play…so what was next. Since I work in Higher Ed we enrolled him in school and went from there. The Lord was working through us-because He always has a plan. He now has a government job with government benefits and a succession plan! That is a first!

Thursday, November 19

Thankful that in one-month from today we will be on vacay!!! Woot Woot!
Oh…if you haven’t heard we leave on vacation December 19!!!! This is has been a dream of ours for 10 years! Christmas on the beach-this year it is going to be fulfilled! So excited!!!!

Friday, November 20

Thankful for the desire to learn. Had a great Photoshop training session with my good friend Shanda!
Shanda is always an inspiration to me! She is always researching things and trying new things. She has inspired me to take up photography, make cute headbands, and teaches me to use photoshop. We are going to get together a few times a month! Thanks Shanda you are amazing and creative!

Saturday, November 21

Thankful for those moments in life when you realize life is good.
On Friday I was faced with a very uncomfortable situation. When I realized that it didn’t matter…I realized life is good and that situation does not impact my life. Refreshing!

Sunday, November 22

Thankful for a gal's best friend, Chica has been the best addition to the family...(well, since Cory, hahahaha).
Chica was added into our family in 2004. It took Cory 6 years of negotiating to get a dog. In a moment of weakness I said you can get a dog if I can dress it up. Mr. Cory had a dog found by the end of the day he didn’t dare give me a chance to chance my mind. I was hesitant to get a dog-when we went to pick her out of the litter I wanted the dog that was sitting in the corner by herself. That was the best decision ever, she is so independent and love alone time and blankets. (Just like me!) Well…as you are aware she won me over and the rest is history. Chica is the cutest dog in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin! You are so inspiring with all that you have to be thankful for :) Happy Thanksgiving!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete