Thursday, September 2, 2010

Peace

You know in life when you try to balance everything...and it rarely works? The past two years have been very trying times...we have had a few misfortunes...a few good times...and a few not so good times. We (I say we...hoping it's ok to speak for CC...which, I am sure it is!) have been praying to see what is in store for us. Right now we do not have a plan, and this causes anxiety for a "RED" personality, so...I am (literally) "Seeking Peace". This book is wonderful and frustrating at the same time. (Is that even possible?) The feelings are similar to how I felt when I read Eat, Pray, Love, how in the world I can I find myself when I do not have the resources that these wonderful women had?

I am trying to do my best...taking my favorite piece of advice from Eat, Love, Pray, "meditating is the act of listening to God." I do not think we take time to listen to God enough. So, let's seek peace together.
In Seeking Peace, Mary spoke about death she said, "The laughter is as much a part of the healing as the weeping." My Grandpa's funeral was a week ago tomorrow and our family had a wonderful time remembering him, drinking at his favorite watering hole, the VFW. Laughter is more important than the weeping!

Loves and Hugs---Let's always try to remember the good times!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment