Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Compartmentalizing



My life’s goal has been to live a balanced life. You know what I am talking about, right? Life is a wheel and you live equally in all areas or your wheel then life is balanced. Suppose, that one person has so many areas that each piece becomes smaller and smaller, pretty soon you really don’t need to spend time balancing them all because there are so many and the wheel keeps rolling, or should I say speeding through the universe? 

Well, I suppose right now in this moment my life is balanced. Just not what I have dreamed of…
In my profession we call it compartmentalizing,” is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism used to avoid cognitive dissonance, or the mental discomfort and anxiety caused by a person's having conflicting values, cognitions, emotions, beliefs, etc. within themselves. Compartmentalization allows these conflicting ideas to co-exist by inhibiting direct or explicit acknowledgement and interaction between separate compartmentalized self states.” This is where I have been living for the past year!

So is it healthy that I know this and cannot stop or would it be better to not know?

Loves and hugs—The things that make you go hmmm.
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment