Sunday, May 8, 2011

First came love, then came marriage,

and...NOW a BABY in a baby carriage!  The day has finally come! CC and I are expecting our first child! This child is a huge blessing and highly desired!

You may not know this but it was a challenge for us to conceive.  We have been trying for nearly three years, test after test.  In January, we had given up hope of having our own child and started pursuing adoption. I was moving forward at rapid speeds with the foster program. Our home was prepared, background checks complete, attended training, physicals-done. We were getting prepared to have a child placed by April.

In March, my co-worker said "I think you are late, I have already started." Me, "I am sure it will start any day." A few days pass, my coworker said, "I just finished, you haven't started yet?" Me, "Hmmm, guess I should take a test."  Of course, I was expecting a negative result so on the way home I tell CC, "Misty thinks we're pregnant. I think I have a test at home. Maybe we can go to dinner and have a cocktail before we take...just incase." We went home (no cocktail for me) and I took the test, in 30 seconds the test was positive.  I was in SHOCK! In all the years, we have NEVER had a positive test. I called CC in and he looked at it...we both sat there and said, "HMMM." We went to dinner, still in shock, and still no cocktails.  We came home and took another test, same result!  It took us about three of four days to process but now...we are SUPER excited.

As you know, I have been traveling like crazy over the past six weeks.  Honestly, all you ladies TTC, this is the BEST advice I have for you.  Travel, travel, travel.  The best part about vacation is you can nap whenever you want, and you are resting the entire time.  I was able to sleep during that first exhausting few months!  I have barely been sick, however, my prenatal vitamins trigger me, so I take them in the evening now...easy solution!

Loves and hugs--I'm having a baby!
Erin

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet wonderful blessing! I am so happy for you & this adventure you are about to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EG! I'm so excited for you and CC! Seriously! So excited! You and CC will make the best parents ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just booked Hawaii! :)

    Congrats - you know how excited I am for you.

    ReplyDelete