Sunday, May 1, 2011

Clown

Another memory from my old work...Many moons ago, we had a traveling clown that we would give during holiday parties, just for fun, or even for a pick-me-up.  At dinner the other night, I just learned the poor little clown's fate.  The last thing I knew...

My former boss Lauryn, went to Pennsylvania in 2006 for a month.  We decided to send the clown to her for a joke. Of course shipping the clown to her wasn't enough.  Heather, decided to send it in a box of Girl Scout Cookies, thin mints to be exact. We waited, and waited, and waited to hear something from Lauryn about the clown...nothing, not a word.  She returned and in a staff meeting she takes a call from Pennsylvania and comes back shocked.  She tells this story about a 90 year old volunteer that rode her jazzy to the office everyday to volunteer. To thank her she gave her the box of cookies.  Our faces drop...Then she proceeds to tell us that she just passed away.  At this point we are dying, and we are freaking out---just a little.  We decide we had better come clean...we tell her the clown is inside...we probably killed her!  Lauryn was pissed!

At dinner the clown came up and everyone started laughing, I said, what happened?  Is there more? They tell me the end of the story.  One year! Yes, one year after that traumatic end a box comes to Heather from Heaven, Pennsylvania and it is a new clown.  Heather freaks out and instantly hates the clown.  Another, year after that....they are at our famous Holiday Party and a man pounds on the door, leaves a package, and runs down the street.  The package, is addressed to Heather.  She opens it....dun-dun-dun--it's our old clown!  He has come back to haunt us.  I guess they laughed for hours that night.

It turns out--Lauryn kept the box--opened it and busted up laughing...then the plot for revenge began.

Now that I know the ending...I am not sure if the clown is really gone or if he might surface again someday.  I will keep you posted.

Loves and hugs---I miss those ladies (and Jim) so much!
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment